Updated December 1, 2023
Collection of Information
We collect several types of information from and about you when you use our Services, including information:
- That may personally identify you, including but not limited to your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number, or any other identifier by which you may be identified (“Personal Information”);
- That is about you individually but does not identify you, including but not limited to information about the webpages you visit on our site, the length of time you spend on our webpages, and the location from which you are accessing our website; and
- That is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access this website, and usage details.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect the information you provide directly to us through our website. This information may include:
- Information you provide by signing up for our email list, creating an account, logging into your account, purchasing our products, contacting us, or otherwise communicating with us. The types of information you may provide include but are not limited to your Personal Information, allergy information, your product preferences, and any other information you choose to provide;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including your email address), if you contact us;
- Your search queries and the webpage you visit on the website; and
- Other information about you that you may choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our website, we automatically collect information about you that will help us improve our website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including the following:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of our website and the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, your location, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We may use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources, including but not limited to vendors and other third parties to whom you provide information when you use our Services, including but not limited to Square, Inc., the company that processes our online transactions. Other third parties we may provide your information to include mailing list providers and other publicly available sources.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Send you emails and/or text messages to update you about new products, sales, and other Services, and to provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about your order;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Black River Performance Management and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected or to fulfill any other purposes for which you provide the information to us.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you that you provide to us or that we collect as follows or as otherwise described in this Policy:
- With vendors and other third parties who require access to such information to carry out work on our behalf. For example, we may provide your mailing information to a third party to fulfill your order;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Black River Performance Management or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Black River Performance Management and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfers of Information to the United States and Other Countries
Black River Performance Management is based in the United States. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and/or text messages from Black River Performance Management by following the instructions at the bottom of those emails or replying STOP to the text messages. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails and/or text messages, such as those about your account or your order.
Correcting Your Information
If you would like to request that we correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may be unable to accommodate a request to change information if we believe such change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the transmission of your personal information to our website via the internet. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website. Also, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping any login information, including passwords, confidential.